[asterisk-users] FW: hi Dan

Alex Balashov abalashov at evaristesys.com
Sat Nov 14 17:41:02 CST 2009

Landy Landy wrote:

> I believe language barriers can cause many problems when trying to
> communicate. I might say something in another language trying to
> translate a phrase or something, that might not have the same
> meaning I´m trying to get accross. I´m billingual myself, english
> is my second language but, I carefully try to choose the correct words
> when asking for help or even talking to anybody so I don´t offend that
> person.

It is a central contention of my previous posts on this topic that
when you take the time to carefully choose to the correct words, and
otherwise appear to give some thought to both the intellectual
coherence and the articulation of your question, this is evident in
the resulting message.

Language barriers are not a problem here;  it is obvious that both
thought and effort went into your post, even if there are orthographic
and/or grammatical mistakes.  In particular, since you are aware that
English is not your native language, you aren't going to do stupid
things to make the problem worse like encd ur entire msg in philistine
txt spek, r U ?

The difference between what you are referring to and the poster under
discussion is about laziness and respect, not legitimate differences
of language, culture and technical abilities of which we should all -
I fully agree - be mindful.

--
Alex Balashov - Principal
Evariste Systems