[asterisk-users] Atcom AG188N as FXO?

Joseph syscon780 at gmail.com
Sat Nov 14 17:32:44 CST 2009

On 09/21/09 17:54, Vincent wrote:
>Hello
>
>According to this article, this nice little unit can only use the PSTN
>port for outgoing calls (ie. as a backup in case the connection to the
>VoIP provider stops working), but not incoming calls:
>
>http://tinyurl.com/mwjmo8
>
>Can someone confirm that Atcom made this strange decision, and that
>there's no work-around?
>
>Thank you.

I just setup this device.
You can make the calls to PSTN and receive the calls from PSTN on the line that is connected to the adapter.
However, the PSTN line does not register with Asterisk, so you can not make outgoing calls and receive calls via asterisk.

Another interesting thing I just noticed is that device has a serious security issue.
The configuration section of the rote can be access from LAN as well from WAN port, ports 80, and 23 are open from Internet; user name are admin and guess
both with the same access privileges (I think).

If you did not change the admin password (default "admin") anybody from the Internet can access this device; with a password cracker it will not take long
for a hacker to access your network :-(
So don't count on this unit to be your NAT.

--
Joseph