[asterisk-users] music on hold

Alex Balashov abalashov at evaristesys.com
Sat Nov 14 13:46:30 CST 2009

Pawan,

I am getting the sense that you do not understand how to use a mailing
list, so I will take the time to uh, "guide" you before answering your
question as best as I can.  u r welcome

The purpose of making a posting to a mailing list is not to find a
single person that replies to you on the list and then bother them
individually at their personal address.  Instead, you should reply
back to the list (the default "Reply-To" address) and continue the
discussion there;  this is known as creating a discussion "thread."
There are two main reasons for doing this:

1) Many people have their mail clients set up to deal with mailing
list traffic in particular ways, and consider your personal inquiries
spam;

2) When discussion is kept on the list as opposed to taken off of it,
everyone who is subscribed benefits from the information exchanged,
can add new contributions.  More importantly, someone else new to
Asterisk who is in your position later on - but perhaps slightly more
resourceful than you are - can search the list archives on Google and
benefit from this discussion.

As far as your question, it seems to me that you did everything right.

-- Alex

--
Alex Balashov - Principal
Evariste Systems