[asterisk-users] Question about callerid?

Martin Joseph astmac at stillnewt.org
Sat Nov 14 13:10:31 CST 2009

Ok I am replying to myself,  because I still don't have this figured
out,, but I think I have more info.

On Nov 5, 2009, at 8:57 PM, Martin Joseph wrote:

> Hello again Asterisk people.
>
> I am running Asterisk 1.42 on an old PowerPC ibook.  I have had this
> deployed for several years now, with pretty good results.
>
> Recently I added a callerid service to my landline (qwest).
>
> I am using the audiocodes MP114 2fxo/2fxs gateway, which is an
> outstanding piece of hardware once it's configured (lol).
I think the issue is related to the fact that the MP114 is in my case
a combination device.  2fxo/2fxs setup.

It seems like what happens is when a call comes into the fxo it is
inviting asterisk with the correct callerid information(sip from).
Asterisk attempts to use this invite as a basis for a new call.

HOWEVER, for some reason or another (bug?) Asterisk identifies the fxs
extension at the same IP address as a peer for the basis of the new
call, and since the other peer (friend) is the FXS, the authentication
fails, and caller ID is lost.

If I remove my FXS (friend) definition from sip.conf then suddenly all
is well and the the callerID string is passed aok.  Of course then
none of the phones attached to the FXS work, which is a problem...

I hope someone has some ideas on what I am doing wrong/some way to fix
this?

Thanks in advance for any help you might offer.

Marty

> Anyhow,  I can see that the gateway is passing caller id info to
> asterisk because the console will display something like:
>
> [Nov  4 13:01:19] NOTICE[32]: chan_sip.c:13362 handle_request_invite:
> Failed to authenticate user "SEATTLE SCHOOLS" <sip:2062524320 at 89.89.89.253
>> ;tag=1c492497235
This authentication is failing because of the mismatch of extensions
described above.  The FXO is ext.  2003 and the FXS is ext. 2005.