[asterisk-users] Asterisk with T38 Fax

David Backeberg dbackeberg at gmail.com
Sat Nov 14 09:50:20 CST 2009

On Sat, Nov 14, 2009 at 10:20 AM, Marcus Vinicius
<marc_mcs10 at yahoo.com.br> wrote:
> I'm trying to send faxes using Asterisk 1.4 and T38 with sip but Asterisk rejects the t38.
>
> Anybody know if is possible to transmit t38 fax with Asterisk 1.4?

It might be possible to T.38 fax with 1.4, but I do not recommend it.

T.38 fax is much better in asterisk-1.6, and it is actively getting
improved with each release.

I recommend that you try upgrading to 1.6 if you want to do T.38 fax.

If you don't want to do a full upgrade, start with just the fax, and I
think you'll find that you like it better for other things as well.