[asterisk-users] RTPAUDIOQOS

Darryl Dunkin ddunkin at netos.net
Wed Nov 11 16:12:28 CST 2009

Sorry to reply so late, I am months behind and catching up.

I have been inspecting this on my own systems, and the results are inconsistent to say the least. I’ve been dumping these to the verbose logs for some time and monitoring them, but I have not been able to determine why the numbers are so far off. I am more concerned with the packets lost due to priority queuing within our network.

Here is an example just today:

ssrc=583450581

themssrc=1093951555

lp=0

rxjitter=0.003219

rxcount=1100

txjitter=0.000275

txcount=1108

rlp=57702

rtt=0.036000

If the txcount is only 1108, how can the remote lost packet count be 57702? Unless the call was nearly inaudible?

I did verify with this end user, and the call was just fine. Is this an issue with the phone at the remote end misreporting?