[asterisk-users] AstriCon Videos and Presentations: First batch is on-line!

John Todd jtodd at digium.com
Wed Nov 11 15:34:22 CST 2009

This year we recorded quite a few of the AstriCon sessions - 3 out of
the 4 tracks were video taped.  The folks at TMC then went through a
fairly painstaking process of synchronizing the video presentations to
the slide decks that each presenter provided, so we have an index-able
and fast-forward-able version of each talk.  I'm really excited about
this video presentation method, since it's possible for the viewer to
move back and forth in the video and see the complete slide
presentation as well.   We have the first handful of videos ready for
viewing, and here they are:

   http://www.astricon.net/2009/astricon/videoPresentations.aspx

We also have the vast majority of the presentations available for
download as well.  Go to this page for the presentation grid:

    http://www.astricon.net/2009/astricon/agendaAtaGlance.aspx

...and click on the name of the topic you're interested in on the
grid.  If we have a copy of the talk, it will start to download to
you.  If your talk isn't there, contact me with a copy of your slides
in PPT or PDF format.

  I'd like to hear from people on what they think of the videos.  We
have a number of additional videos of the remaining video/slide
presentations to be post-produced and put on the site, and we'll get
those published as soon as it's possible.  This is the first year
we're trying this format.  I'm hoping that these videos will be used
to further people's understanding of Asterisk, to convince others that
Asterisk can do what they want, and to encourage people to attend
AstriCon to meet with and talk to some of the people that make this
project so powerful, useful, and exciting to be a part of.

  PS: I, personally, had some glitches with synchronization issues
between the video and slides.  I suspect this is a local problem with
my somewhat-bizarre network config, but  I'd like to hear back from
any of you who notice incomplete video and audio experiences.  Include
your ISP, country, and general problem description and we'll try to
smooth the issues out with some better problem descriptions.

JT

---
John Todd                       email:jtodd at digium.com
Digium, Inc. | Asterisk Open Source Community Director
445 Jan Davis Drive NW -  Huntsville AL 35806  -   USA
direct: +1-256-428-6083         http://www.digium.com/