[asterisk-users] Setting outgoing callerid on when using a PRI

Doug Lytle support at drdos.info
Tue Nov 10 12:57:16 CST 2009

Dave Fullerton wrote:

> Note "num" and not "number" I don't know if that was a change from 1.4
> to 1.6 or if Doug mistyped it.

Not a mistype.  I've been using number all along, but looking at the
docs shows that I've been incorrect.  It must concatenate the number
down to num.  Looks like I've got a little modifying to do this evening:

core show function CALLERID
livonia*CLI>
   -= Info about function 'CALLERID' =-

[Syntax]
CALLERID(datatype[,<optional-CID>])

[Synopsis]
Gets or sets Caller*ID data on the channel.

[Description]
Gets or sets Caller*ID data on the channel.  The allowable datatypes
are "all", "name", *num*, "ANI", "DNID", "RDNIS".
Uses channel callerid by default or optional callerid, if specified.

Doug

--

Ben Franklin quote: