[asterisk-users] Setting outgoing callerid on when using a PRI

Dave Fullerton dfullertasterisk at shorelinecontainer.com
Tue Nov 10 12:43:29 CST 2009

Jon Moore wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 10, 2009 at 11:43 AM, Doug Lytle <support at drdos.info> wrote:
>> Jon Moore wrote:
>>> I changed the line in extensions.conf to be SET(CALLERID(ALL)="Corner
>>> Homecare"<2703653903>)
>>> To match what it appears I'm getting from ATT, only the 10 digit number.
>>>
>> We've got AT&T out of the Detroit area, you can't set callerid name,
>> only number.  So, try:
>>
>> exten => _91NXXNXXXXXX,1,Set(CALLERID(number)=12703653903)
>
> I noticed I had the number wrapped in angle brackets here, and removed
> those as well. Still having the issue though.
> Thanks for the pointer.
>
> Did you have to provide ATT with a list of numbers you would be
> setting, or does it "Just Work"?
>
> -jonathan

I have an AT&T PRI out of Holland and it "just works". I actually have
it pass the internal extension number as outbound called ID (which is 4
digits) when anyone calls my cell phone so I know how to answer and it
works fine.

This is what I'm using:
  set(CALLERID(num)=1234567890)

Note "num" and not "number" I don't know if that was a change from 1.4
to 1.6 or if Doug mistyped it.

-Dave