[asterisk-users] Gradstream Budge Tone-201

Ivan Stepaniuk ivan at albafotonica.com
Tue Nov 10 11:19:18 CST 2009

bilal ghayyad wrote:
> Hi All;
> I just need to know the openion about Grandstream phone, actually I tried Budge Tone 201 and I chocked that there is a noise in the handset (zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz) always, but in the speaker the sound is good and no noise.
> Anyone has idea about Grandstream, and if they have a lot of problems and such noise in handset? Or my luck was bad that this phone is defected?

We use a couple of BT200 (BT201 with additional ethernet port) for two
years now with asterisk, no problems so far, probably you have a bad
one. Just what comes to my mind:

Cons:
  7seg numbers only display!
  The display is difficult to see at common desk angle
  Speakerphone could be better
  Default ringtones are horrible, (you can change them with a little bit
 of work tough)
  There isnt any kind of built-in dialplan, you must use an overlapped
dialplan (484 response)

Pros:
  Cheap!
  Audio is OK, no noises or hiss.
  Looks like a phone, good buttons. Some phones are just too fancy.
  Headset plug.

IMHO, good price/quality relation, dont expect too much from one of the
cheapest SIP phones in the market.

--
Iván Stepaniuk
Alba Fotónica S.L.