[asterisk-users] Is voicemail to text possible?

Zeeshan Zakaria zishanov at gmail.com
Mon Nov 9 19:28:42 CST 2009

Hi,

I understand that speech recognition technology is not very reliable, but
skype has has launched a voicemail to text service, and googling showed that
some other companies are also offering similar services. I haven't used any
such service yet, but was curious is there any open source software
available, which, to some extent, could help converting speech from
voicemial wav files to text files and could be used with Asterisk? Or is
there any other way to accomplish this?

--
Zeeshan A Zakaria