[asterisk-users] Call audio leaking between calls

Tilghman Lesher tlesher at digium.com
Tue Nov 10 10:21:08 CST 2009

On Tuesday 10 November 2009 09:07:30 Ishfaq Malik wrote:
> Our customer has a switch but a non configurable one which sounds no
> better than a hub to me, I think I'm going to have to get him to invest
> in some better hardware.

Many consumer-grade switches effectively turn into hubs when more than 1023
MAC addresses are seen on a network.  This may be done intentionally by
somebody attempting to eavesdrop on all network connections sent through
the switch.  A reboot of the switch might (temporarily) remedy the problem,
but you'd be better off getting an enterprise-grade switch that does not
exhibit such misbehavior.

--
Tilghman Lesher