[asterisk-users] Set DESTINATION CID for outbound calls

Douglas Mortensen doug at impalanetworks.com
Sat Nov 7 18:42:10 CST 2009

I am wondering if anyone knows of a way to do this, as it would be much
more meaningful for our CDR reports. We use FreePBX under the Elastix
distro. We are able to set the CALLER's CID on inbound calls by using
the "Asterisk Phonebook" module in FreePBX, then configure the Inbound
Route settings to use it for CID. I haven't seen anything like this to
apply those same rules to the DESTINATION CID on outbound calls.
Instead, the caller id just shows the 7-10 digit number that was dialed
by the person who made the call. If anyone could tell me how I can do
this, or point me in the direction, or tell me who else I should talk
to, I'd really appreciate it. Take care.

Thanks,

-

Doug Mortensen

Network Consultant