[asterisk-users] Trouble registering Cisco 7942

Stephen Reese rsreese at gmail.com
Sat Nov 7 09:45:25 CST 2009

On Sat, Nov 7, 2009 at 12:56 AM, Warren Selby <wcselby at selbytech.com> wrote:
> That typically means you've got an error in your phone specific config file,
> the SEP[MAC].cnf.xml.
>
> You need to login to the phone via ssh and use the log/log login.  Once
> you've done that, look at the logs and see what line of the config is giving
> it grief.  Once you know that, you'll know what's causing the Unprovisioned
> message.

I set the username and password but am unable to log into the phone. I
provided an updated config below. I am prompted for the username and
password though.

Secondly should I be using IP or hostnames for the <proxy> and
<processNodeName> or does it not matter? Thanks

<device>
<deviceProtocol>SIP</deviceProtocol>
<sshUserId>admin</sshUserId>
<sshPassword>123</sshPassword>
<devicePool>
<callManagerGroup>
   <members>
      <member priority="0">
         <callManager>
            <ports>
               <ethernetPhonePort>2000</ethernetPhonePort>
               <sipPort>5060</sipPort>
               <securedSipPort>5061</securedSipPort>
            </ports>
            <processNodeName>SIPSERVER</processNodeName>
         </callManager>
      </member>
   </members>
</callManagerGroup>
</devicePool>
<sipCallFeatures>
   <cnfJoinEnabled>true</cnfJoinEnabled>
   <callForwardURI>x--serviceuri-cfwdall</callForwardURI>
   <callPickupURI>x-cisco-serviceuri-pickup</callPickupURI>
   <callPickupListURI>x-cisco-serviceuri-opickup</callPickupListURI>
   <callPickupGroupURI>x-cisco-serviceuri-gpickup</callPickupGroupURI>
   <meetMeServiceURI>x-cisco-serviceuri-meetme</meetMeServiceURI>
   <abbreviatedDialURI>x-cisco-serviceuri-abbrdial</abbreviatedDialURI>
   <rfc2543Hold>false</rfc2543Hold>
   <callHoldRingback>2</callHoldRingback>
   <localCfwdEnable>true</localCfwdEnable>
   <semiAttendedTransfer>true</semiAttendedTransfer>
   <anonymousCallBlock>2</anonymousCallBlock>
   <callerIdBlocking>2</callerIdBlocking>
   <dndControl>0</dndControl>
   <remoteCcEnable>true</remoteCcEnable>
</sipCallFeatures>