[asterisk-users] SendJabber question sending Links

Matt Riddell lists at venturevoip.com
Fri Nov 6 04:01:46 CST 2009

On 6/11/09 10:21 PM, Stefan Schmidt wrote:
> thanks for your answer, i will try to say it in an easy way ;)
>
> i send now a jabber message which looks like this:
>
> <snip>
> Customer Nr [1234] Person ABC from Company XYZ
>
> CRM: https://crm.x.y/getcustomer?customer=1234
> Ticket: https://rt.x.y/getticketsfromcustomer?customer=1234
> </snip>
>
> but what i want to have should look like this:
>
> <snip>
> Customer Nr [1234] Person ABC from Company XYZ
>
> CRM [URL]
> Ticket: [URL]
> </snip>
>
> I´ve tried to send it in html style with<a href="....">text</a>  and so
> on, but i didnt get it working. The Problem is that the links i send has
> around 400 Chars each which make the message long and hard to read.
>
> i hope its now clear what i want.

Heh sounds like you need tinyurl.com.

Or maybe just make a page a.php?1234 which loads
getcustomer.php?customer=1234

Or with an Apache rewrite.

It seems that what you're wanting is more on the jabber client side -
you're wanting one that can receive messages and display them as pure HTML.

There may be one - I don't think Adium (the client I use) does it, but
if you had a look at a few different clients, maybe one will.

--
Cheers,

Matt Riddell
Director