[asterisk-users] Cisco SPA3102 Thoughts & Other Recommendations

Andrew Hakman andrew.hakman at gmail.com
Wed Nov 4 19:11:34 CST 2009

Did you try changing the FXO port impedance? Did you try resetting the
unit to factory defaults (on the IVR dial 73738# and then 1 to
confirm)? Did you by it from ebay and it shipped from hong kong or
similar? Did you try the linksys silver one on the same line as the
real Sipura one was on?

I ask because I have two of the the Linksys silver ones (and they are
from ebay from hong kong - supposedly "new in box" they are anything
but new in box - I've read that they were warranty returns shipped to
China to be destroyed, but instead the chinese attempt to patch them
up and sell them again - be careful on ebay). One doesn't ring the FXS
port properly as there is something wrong with the boost converter
that generates the -60V for ringing (and I've spent at least 4 or 5
hours looking at datasheets of the chips, testing parts with a
multimeter, looking at signals with a scope, and even swapping parts
between the one that works and the one that doesn't and can't figure
out what's wrong - I can hear a "tick tick tick..." noise that isn't
the relay, and the ethernet led dims with the clicks, like something
is breaking down and shorting at the high voltage), but both are
currently in service on two different PSTN lines and I have no echo
problems with them.

Andrew