[asterisk-users] Real replacement for AgentCallBackLogin() on Asterisk 1.6

Lenz Emilitri lenz.loway at gmail.com
Mon Nov 2 10:44:04 CST 2009

We were thinking about doing something similar as well. A lot of people are
asking for this. If there is anybody else interested, we could share the
load....

I was thinking about creating a context like @agents, so that when you do
the log-on you basically add Local/106 at agents as a member of the queue. When
you ring it, it basically looks up for the actual device in AstDB and dials
it like:

Queue -> (member) Local/106 at agents -> (astdb) SIP/234

I think that we should be able to forward channel state as well (using
hints? I've never done it)  so that app_queue does not try dialling agents
that are busy.

I was thinking about storing queue-agent associations into config strings,
and/or AstDB, and/or http over curl. And yes, ideally it should work fine on
1.4's as well....

Things that should be working from version one:
- logging compatible with older asterisk's
- authentication using Voicemail
-.plug and play on most systems
- channel states
- pause/unpause with pause codes