[asterisk-users] Nagios check_asterisk_peers needs rights to question the Asterisk-server

jonas kellens jonas.kellens at telenet.be
Mon Nov 2 10:33:48 CST 2009

When executing the following command :

[root at nagios ~]# /usr/local/nagios/libexec/check_nrpe -H ip_address -c
check_asterisk_peers

I get the following output :

NRPE: Unable to read output

Somewhere Nagios does not have enough rights to question Asterisk about
the sip peers.

These are the rights of the check_nrpe on the Nagios Server :

[root at nagios ~]# ls -l /usr/local/nagios/libexec/check_nrpe
-rwxrwxr-x 1 nagios nagios 58017 Oct 31
11:40 /usr/local/nagios/libexec/check_nrpe

These are the rights of the plugin that questions about the SIP-peers on
the Asterisk-server :

bash-3.2# ls -l /usr/local/nagios/libexec/nagisk.pl
-rwxr-x--- 1 nagios nagios 4163 Nov  2
17:12 /usr/local/nagios/libexec/nagisk.pl

The NRPE-plugin on the Asterisk-server is part of the Xinetd-proces.

Asterisk himself is currently running as the root-user.

Question : I'm confused about which proces/plugin I need to give more
rights so that the Asterisk-server can be questioned about its
sip-peers.

Jonas.