[asterisk-users] Friday at 12 Noon EDT: Jim Van Meggelen on the VoIP Users Conference

randulo spamsucks2005 at gmail.com
Thu May 28 14:08:03 CDT 2009

Hi,

Like me, some of you probably remember Jim as one of the pioneers
along with Leif and Jarod. These guys "wrote the book", literally. Jim
is our guest tomorrow and he'll be talking about system building,
among other things. We always have a good time AND get stuff done on
the Conference so come by and join us:

Silently, on IRC: #voip-users-conference (freenode.net)  - stop by any
time, there'll usually be a party starting an hour or so before noon
EDT
Streamingly: http://www.voipusersconference.org/listen-now/
SIP in g722 wideband via ZipDX or g711 via Talkshoe (see the site
http://tr.im/voip for instructions and URI)
PSTN:  (724) 444-7444 and enter 22622# PIN#  - Get your PIN at
Talkshoe.com or enter 1# instead

The conference gives us all a chance to hobnob with celebrities like
John Todd, find Asterisk people and groups in your neck of the woods
and just generally usher out the week with a little light-sided view
of some great technology.

Thanks again to all of you who've been there and made it happen.

For those of you who just getting in to Asterisk and VoIP, here's more
about Jim:

"Jim is probably a bit of a masochist, which would explain why he got
into the telecom business in the first place, and why he now loves
Asterisk. Jim is pretty friendly, kinda like a puppy that gets your
shoes dirty. His enthusiasm is infectious, but also a little bit
frightening if you stand too close. Jim is a partner in Core Telecom
Innovations Inc, and iConverged Inc. He lives in Toronto with his wife
and three kids, and loves writing, photography, speaking, improv,
choral singing, and old shoes."

About the shoes...

/r