[asterisk-users] Auto-congesting call due to slow response

Nicholas Blasgen nicholas at refractivedialer.com
Wed May 27 19:10:35 CDT 2009

I'd look at the packet delay.  Log some of the packets, see how long until
you get a response from the remote host.  If the delay is really long, then
that's the issue (which by the response I assume that's exactly what's
happening).  Lower the load on the system and see if the delay improves.

Or you can increase the timeout if you really wanted.

channels/chan_iax2.c

With debugging on, it seems that this data is available.  But it's the same
timeout as a Peer would be.  And trust me, that timeout is huge.

So that makes me think of another issue.  I know with my VoIP provider, they
told me not to trust the PEER POKE responses because I kept seeing my
provider connect, disconnect, connect, disconnect.  They had me turn off the
qualification.  (This is all SIP so I'm not sure how it translates to IAX).
Might not want to waste the packets to send data to a server that is always
available.

If you don't get any help, you can try opening it as a bug on Digium's Bug
Tracker but I assume the issue isn't a bug but just an overloaded system
with a slow response time.

Nicholas Blasgen
Partner / Network Operations
Refractive Dialer LLC
415.692-5277 (w)
408.497.9796 (c)

Please update your contact records with my new work number.