[asterisk-users] RLT Transfers and NI2

Nicolas Chapleau nicchap at hotmail.com
Wed May 27 14:15:50 CDT 2009

Hello Users,

   quick question for all you fine PRI users out there using RLT transfers. Scenario:

1) Inbound call received on channel one

2) Call is transferred to an agent on channel 2

3) RLT is enabled on this PRI, thus channels are released on the Asterisk box

So far, all is fine, but our PRIs have 4 enabled RLT channels, thus after the 5th transfer, while the previous calls are still active, we get a busy (congestion), when we in fact have many PRI channels left. Again, this is a normal opration for RLT. My question to you is: Can we attempt a Bridged transfer instead of a RLT upon reception of a Congestion RLT result?

Specifics:

Asterisk 1.4.24.1

libpri 1.4.9

Allstream DS3 muxed out to 28 PRIs, b8zs, esf, NI2 signalling

Hope this makes sense to one of you.

Nic.