[asterisk-users] problem with T.38 media headers

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at digium.com
Wed May 27 16:12:55 CDT 2009

mario staphorst wrote:

> Thank you for your reply.
> I understand that Asterisk is not a SIP proxy, but shouldnt this header
> be passed on in order to provide proper T.38 passthrough support in this
> case?
> As far as i can see is this header really needed to make the T.38
> connection successfull, when i setup the call directly to the ATA the
> reinvite is going fine.

T.38 negotiation has already been improved in later releases than what
you are using, so I'd suggest upgrading to 1.4.25 (or 1.4.26-rc1) before
continuing, as it is possible that your issue has already been fixed.

However, there are still areas we've identified where our T.38
negotiation needs some additional work, and we'll be trying to address
those shortly.

--
Kevin P. Fleming
skype: kpfleming | jabber: kpfleming at digium.com