[asterisk-users] howto store local exchange prefixes ?

John Novack jnovack at stromberg-carlson.org
Mon May 25 16:58:21 CDT 2009

sean darcy wrote:
> The local telco is now going 10 digit dialing even for local (free)
> calls which used to be 7 digit. For a while no problem, everyone will
> continue to dial 7 digits, and I'll add the area code. But pretty soon
> everyone will become used to 10 digits.

Lucky you.
Other states require 11 digits for all calls, regardless, and yet others
require 10 digit for local and 11 digit for toll, they way the NANP was
SUPPOSED to evolve, until the inmates took over the asylum and each
state ( in the US ) PUC sets the numbering plan and splits vs overlays.

John Novack

> There are about 40 3 digit local exchanges. I'd like to store the
> exchanges in a database, and use the dialplan to check them. I can
> figure that out.
>
> I've looked at the Berkeley DB. That works pretty well, if the exchanges
> are all stored. But it looks like the exchanges have to be entered 1 by
> 1 from the CLI. And can only be reviewed, corrected, or deleted from the
> CLI. I haven't found any simple frontend for the DB.
>
> I'd also consider sqlite3, but from the sqlite3 .conf.sample, it's only
> for CDR. In any event, I couldn't find a simple frontend. I'd prefer not
> to go into mysql etc for such a simple project.
>
> sean

Dog is my co-pilot