[asterisk-users] Asterisk, SQL Database Update

Steve Edwards asterisk.org at sedwards.com
Mon May 25 14:45:19 CDT 2009

Un-top-posting...

On Mon, 25 May 2009, Torintino T wrote:

> Thanks for your helpful reply.
>
> I am not so good in coding.
>
> simply all i need is as follow
>
> When a call comes, goes into an IVR, and then depending on the entry
> option it will connect to a remote SQL Database, to check the
> pre-existed data, and in the end of the IVR the caller will enter an
> option that will need to be written in the SQL Database.
>
> Can you please give me a general scenrio how this will be achieved. and
> which files that i will need to modify.

1) Try the database functions in dialplan (extensions.[ael|conf).

2) If it starts to get ugly, code it up as an AGI in the language of your
choice -- I prefer C.

3) Hire somebody to whack it out.

I think all database operations are ugly in dialplan, but I admit to most
of my biases :)

Thanks in advance,