[asterisk-users] SIP Trunk groups

Mariano Lecuona mlecuona at gmail.com
Mon May 25 07:40:09 CDT 2009

He all,

I have 2 GSM to Voip gateways and  probably we will grow up to 4 more
gateways. I already created a macro to make failover happen between
gateways, but can imagine that everytime I add a new gateway I will need to
modify the macro. The initial intention of this macro was to failover
between different techonolgies.
So I was hoping to create a Sip Trunk group using the same idea as
truckgroup under dahdi but for sip trunks.

Is that possible?, have you ever done this before?

My Idea is:

sip_trunk1 = SIP/gateway1
sip_trunk2 = SIP/gateway2
sip_trunk3 = SIP/gateway3

gsm_trunkgoup = sip_trunk1 ; sip_trunk2 ; sip_trunk3

[user]

exten = _0.,1,wait()
exten = _0.,n,Dial(gsm_trunkgoup/${exten:1},30)
exten = _0.,n,Hangup

Thanks,

Mariano Lecuona