[asterisk-users] [UK SPECIFIC] DAHDI and a OpenVox Card

Dunc dunc at lemonia.org
Sun May 24 09:00:21 CDT 2009

Tzafrir Cohen wrote:

> Something is wrong here. FXS channels should have FXO signalling and
> vice versa. The cause for that is probably a bug in dahdi_genconf (or
> rather: in Dahdi::Chan) in 2.1.0 (fixed shortly after the release) that
> misdetected the channels and thus generated a wrong dahdi_channels.conf
> and still misleads you here.
>
> If you'll switch to 2.2 the problem will go away :-(
>
> (Evidently system.conf has the right signalling, otherwise it wouldn't
> have applied).

Hmm, my channel 1 is the FXO (i.e. connects to the wall socket) and
channel 2 is FXS (that's where I plugged my phone line in)

> [...]
>> playing on and off for a couple of weeks now.
>>
>> I'm pretty sure that I've got DAHDI set up correctly as you can see in
>> lsdahdi above. Channel 1 connects to my PSTN and Channel 2 has an
>> analogue phone connected. I can definitely make calls with the analogue
>> phone connected straight into the PSTN to answer your question below.
>>
>> I'd still like to know what the RED alarm means if anyone can tell me
>> though...
>
> For an FXO channel: not connected. Or rather: not detecting battery
> current from the remote FXS.
>

>> I have also definitely got my wctdm loaded in UK mode....
>>
>> eddie etc # dmesg | grep -i fx
>> Module 0: Installed -- AUTO FXO (UK mode)
>> Module 1: Installed -- AUTO FXS/DPO
>>
>> Here is my dahdi/system.conf
>>
>> # Span 1: WCTDM/4 "Wildcard TDM400P REV E/F Board 5" (MASTER)
>> fxsks=1
>> echocanceller=mg2,1
>> fxols=2
>
>> echocanceller=mg2,2
>> # channel 3, WCTDM/4/2, no module.
>> # channel 4, WCTDM/4/3, no module.
>>
>> # Global data
>>
>> loadzone	= uk
>> defaultzone	= uk
>>

>> Ok, on to asterisk.
>>
>> The tweaks I have made to the defaults are:-
>>
>> chan_dahdi.conf
>> ---------------
>> cidsignalling=v23
>> sendcalleridafter = 2
>>
>> And I have #included an extra file like this.....
>>
>> #include /etc/asterisk/dahdi-channels.conf
>>
>> .... which contains....
>>
>> eddie asterisk # cat /etc/asterisk/dahdi-channels.conf
>> ; Autogenerated by /usr/sbin/dahdi_genconf on Sat May 23 14:19:49 2009
>> -- do not hand edit
>> ; Dahdi Channels Configurations (chan_dahdi.conf)
>> ;
>> ; This is not intended to be a complete chan_dahdi.conf. Rather, it is
>> intended
>> ; to be #include-d by /etc/asterisk/chan_dahdi.conf that will include
>> the global settings
>> ;
>>
>> ; Span 1: WCTDM/4 "Wildcard TDM400P REV E/F Board 5" (MASTER)
>> ;;; line="1 WCTDM/4/0"
>> signalling=fxs_ks
>
> signalling=fxo_ks
>
>> callerid=asreceived
>> group=0
>> context=from-pstn
>> channel => 1
>> callerid=
>> group=
>> context=default
>>
>> ;;; line="2 WCTDM/4/1"
>> signalling=fxo_ls
>
> signalling=fxs_ls
>
>> callerid="Channel 2" <4002>
>> mailbox=4002
>> group=5
>> context=from-internal
>> channel => 2
>> callerid=
>> mailbox=
>> group=
>> context=default
>
> After those modifications, re-run dahdi-cfg and in Asterisk:

Are you absolutely sure this is the right way round. I thought that an
FXO module connected to the wall, and used FXS signalling. And vice
versa.  My channel 1 is the one connected to PSTN so surely it should
have FXS signalling?

Please excuse my ignorance, I don't mean to be telling you what to do,
it's just that this is different to what I've read everywhere else.
Also, when I try your settings, nothing works at all, I don't even get a
dial tone on my analogue phone connected to channel 2

Cheers,

Dunc