[asterisk-users] [UK SPECIFIC] DAHDI and a OpenVox Card

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
Sun May 24 07:04:38 CDT 2009

On Sun, May 24, 2009 at 12:36:26PM +0100, Dunc wrote:
> >> Hi Tiago,
> >>
> >> I have an OpenVox A400P11, it shows up like this...
> >>
> >> eddie ~ # lsdahdi
> >> ### Span  1: WCTDM/4 "Wildcard TDM400P REV E/F Board 5" (MASTER)
> >>   1 FXS        FXSKS       (EC: MG2)  RED
> >>   2 FXO        FXOLS       (EC: MG2)

Something is wrong here. FXS channels should have FXO signalling and
vice versa. The cause for that is probably a bug in dahdi_genconf (or
rather: in Dahdi::Chan) in 2.1.0 (fixed shortly after the release) that
misdetected the channels and thus generated a wrong dahdi_channels.conf
and still misleads you here.

If you'll switch to 2.2 the problem will go away :-(

(Evidently system.conf has the right signalling, otherwise it wouldn't
have applied).

> >> Use of uninitialized value in string eq at
> >> /usr/lib64/perl5/site_perl/5.8.8/Dahdi/Chans.pm line 221.
> >>   3 unknown
> >> Use of uninitialized value in string eq at
> >> /usr/lib64/perl5/site_perl/5.8.8/Dahdi/Chans.pm line 221.
> >>   4 unknown
> >> eddie ~ #
> >>

> >> I'm pretty sure that the RED alarm is a bad thing. While googling about
> >> this error from the asterisk console....
> >>
> >> *CLI> [May 23 18:14:02] NOTICE[4469]: chan_dahdi.c:8164
> >> handle_init_event: Alarm cleared on channel 1
> >> [May 23 18:14:03] WARNING[4469]: chan_dahdi.c:4664 handle_alarms:
> >> Detected alarm on channel 1: Red Alarm
> >>

> >> I discovered this thread on the mailing list, and so signed up and
> >> mailed in with the same subject. It didn't link them together though it
> >> seems, so here's a URL
> >>
> >> http://www.mail-archive.com/asterisk-users@lists.digium.com/msg223429.html
> >>

> >> If you read this specific post, and the last few before....
> >>
> >> http://www.mail-archive.com/asterisk-users@lists.digium.com/msg223523.html
> >

> > How is your configuration? Please post here.
> >
> > At first I thought you were using a A1200P, this card (which is very
> > good) gave some headache some weeks ago, because it wasn't working
> > properly with dahdi. I didn't have a chance to test it again. It's
> > because for this card you need a module from Openvox.
> >
> > The A400P card that they made is a clone of the TDM and should work
> > fine with DAHDI. For this card you shouldn't need any module from
> > Openvox.
>
> Hi,
>
> My config is mostly out-of-the-box apart from where I've needed to tweak
> things. This is my first attempt with Asterisk though, but I've been
> playing on and off for a couple of weeks now.
>
> I'm pretty sure that I've got DAHDI set up correctly as you can see in
> lsdahdi above. Channel 1 connects to my PSTN and Channel 2 has an
> analogue phone connected. I can definitely make calls with the analogue
> phone connected straight into the PSTN to answer your question below.
>
> I'd still like to know what the RED alarm means if anyone can tell me
> though...

For an FXO channel: not connected. Or rather: not detecting battery
current from the remote FXS.

> I have also definitely got my wctdm loaded in UK mode....
>
> eddie etc # dmesg | grep -i fx
> Module 0: Installed -- AUTO FXO (UK mode)
> Module 1: Installed -- AUTO FXS/DPO
>
> Here is my dahdi/system.conf
>
> # Span 1: WCTDM/4 "Wildcard TDM400P REV E/F Board 5" (MASTER)
> fxsks=1
> echocanceller=mg2,1
> fxols=2

> echocanceller=mg2,2
> # channel 3, WCTDM/4/2, no module.
> # channel 4, WCTDM/4/3, no module.
>
> # Global data
>
> loadzone	= uk
> defaultzone	= uk
>

> Ok, on to asterisk.
>
> The tweaks I have made to the defaults are:-
>
> chan_dahdi.conf
> ---------------
> cidsignalling=v23
> sendcalleridafter = 2
>
> And I have #included an extra file like this.....
>
> #include /etc/asterisk/dahdi-channels.conf
>
> .... which contains....
>
> eddie asterisk # cat /etc/asterisk/dahdi-channels.conf
> ; Autogenerated by /usr/sbin/dahdi_genconf on Sat May 23 14:19:49 2009
> -- do not hand edit
> ; Dahdi Channels Configurations (chan_dahdi.conf)
> ;
> ; This is not intended to be a complete chan_dahdi.conf. Rather, it is
> intended
> ; to be #include-d by /etc/asterisk/chan_dahdi.conf that will include
> the global settings
> ;
>
> ; Span 1: WCTDM/4 "Wildcard TDM400P REV E/F Board 5" (MASTER)
> ;;; line="1 WCTDM/4/0"
> signalling=fxs_ks

signalling=fxo_ks

> callerid=asreceived
> group=0
> context=from-pstn
> channel => 1
> callerid=
> group=
> context=default
>
> ;;; line="2 WCTDM/4/1"
> signalling=fxo_ls

signalling=fxs_ls

> callerid="Channel 2" <4002>
> mailbox=4002
> group=5
> context=from-internal
> channel => 2
> callerid=
> mailbox=
> group=
> context=default

After those modifications, re-run dahdi-cfg and in Asterisk:

  asterisk -rx 'dahdi restart'

--
               Tzafrir Cohen
icq#16849755              jabber:tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com