[asterisk-users] [UK SPECIFIC] DAHDI and a OpenVox Card

Gordon Henderson gordon+asterisk at drogon.net
Sat May 23 16:20:25 CDT 2009

On Sat, 23 May 2009, Dunc wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> I just found this thread, which is amazing as I'm on my first go with
> asterisk and so far I've been pulling my hair out for the last week :-)
>
> I have 2 questions which were raised while this fault was being debugged.
>

> 1)
>
> Gordon says:-
>
> > Is this a place where you get a polarity reversal event on call startup?
>
> In the UK we do. (Well on BT lines - I've a funny feeling some
> Telewest/NTL lines use Bell signaling).
>
> On an incoming call we get:
>
>    Polarity reversal.
>    FSK Caller ID burst
>    Ringing
>

> Well I've got an NTL phone line, can anyone tell me what to use for that?

Throw it away and get a BT one ;-)

I'd suggest running with verbose >=3 and seeing what it says.

However I have 2 clients with Teleworst lines and I've never been able to
make caller ID work on them, even though teleworst insist they are
providing caller ID..

> 2)
>
> Do I still need the same 2pin cable? Because I've been to Maplins too
> and bought one that I thought was right, but this one is a 4pin too.
>
> Can anyone tell me which pins on their 2pin cable are connected at each
> end? I'll bodge my cable until it works and then get a proper one once
> I'm sure.

I think part of this same thread had something about modem vs. ordinary
cables - however I put in a 4-pin modem cable to see what happenes and it
continued to work as before, so I'm personally not convinced about that
one... ie. I've not had a cable that didn't work.

Gordon