[asterisk-users] No response to our critical packet problem

John Todd jtodd at digium.com
Fri May 22 15:25:22 CDT 2009

On May 22, 2009, at 3:05 PM, Martin wrote:

>> Yes, this would be why I said that it is Asterisk's fault and
>> provided possible
>> workarounds.
>>
>> Thank you for your helpful and constructive criticism.
> LOL yes you could expect now everyone to be critical about something
> like this.
> Asterisk has been around for quite some time now (6+ years) and this
> sounds like a pretty basic problem
> that could cause a lot of failed calls with some SIP MTAs.
>
> I would expect this kind of problem from an Asterisk version before
> 1.0.0
>
> Martin

Things that find their way to the issue tracker tend to get repaired
if there is a reproduce-able problem.  If you could include the
documentation you've made in a new issue/bug report, that would help
this get nailed down.   If nobody has reported this as a bug before,
then chances are it hasn't been fixed.  Additionally, as Asterisk is a
community effort it may be possible for you to create a quick patch
which if applied would solve the problem for everyone, and including
that in the issue report would help to quickly resolve the matter.

JT

John Todd                       email:jtodd at digium.com
Digium, Inc. | Asterisk Open Source Community Director
445 Jan Davis Drive NW -  Huntsville AL 35806  -   USA
direct: +1-256-428-6083         http://www.digium.com/