[asterisk-users] Step-by-Step Asterisk and MeetMe Help

Jimmy Ezell jezell at hmhca.com
Wed May 20 15:07:25 CDT 2009

Tony,
I never did an update that I know of but I followed your instructions anyway and it worked on my vm test machine.  It took a bit more effort on my multi-processor machine but I got that going too.

Here are the steps I took:
single processor machine
# rm /usr/src/linux-2.4   (removed the symbolic link)
# rpm -e kernel-devel     (removed the kernel-devel module)
# yum update kernel*      (updated the kernel)
# init 6                  (rebooted the machine to load the updated kernel)
# yum install -y kernel-devel (installed kernel-devel for the updated kernel)
(compiled zaptel and it looked good)
# init 6   (rebooted again and this time I saw ztdummy get loaded!!!)

multi-processor machine  ( I had to remember to specify smp for the kernel)
# rm /usr/src/linux-2.4   (removed the symbolic link)
# rpm -e kernel-devel     (removed the kernel-devel module)
# rpm -e kernel-smp-devel     (removed the kernel-devel module for smp)
# yum update kernel-smp*   (update the kernel for smp)
# init 6 				(reboot)
# yum install -y kernel-smp-devel
(compiled zaptel)
# init 6 (rebooted and ztdummy loaded !!!!)

Tried MeetMe and sure enough it is working!!!!!!

Thank you, thank you, thank you, to all who gave me input on this.

Jimmy
http://qvlweb.blogspot.com/2009/04/asterisk-pbx-install-index.html