[asterisk-users] Step-by-Step Asterisk and MeetMe Help

Tony Mountifield tony at softins.clara.co.uk
Wed May 20 08:25:54 CDT 2009

In article <E77AB304D41C084090D498682873252FC1B5FD at nts-10.ca.hmhengineers.com>,
Jimmy Ezell <jezell at hmhca.com> wrote:

> Sounds like the workaround for 4.7 is to add this symlink that you mention.  What directory
> does the symlink need to be in?  What should it look like?  Where should it point to?

No, you should never need to add that symbolic link. I have done many
builds of zaptel on CentOS 4.x and never needed it.

What I think is more likely is that having done an initial install of
CentOS, you then did a yum update which pulled in a newer kernel. But you
have not yet rebooted the system, so it is still running the original
kernel, even though the build files are now for the newer one.

Remove any extra links you added, reboot the system, and then try building
the modules again. It should go without a hitch.

Cheers
Tony
--
Tony Mountifield