[asterisk-users] Channels configuration with DAHDI

Daniel Bareiro daniel-listas at gmx.net
Wed May 20 05:03:15 CDT 2009

Hi all!

Days ago I bought a OpenVox A400P card with a port FXS and another FXO
that I am testing with my Asterisk installation in my house. I'm using
Asterisk 1.4.24.1 with DAHDI Linux 2.1.0.4 and DAHDI Tools 2.1.0.2 on
Debian GNU/Linux Lenny.

I was reading "The future of telephony" and this [1] document looking
for information about how to configure both types of channels.

Hardware is recognized without problems by operating system and DAHDI:

# lspci
[...]
00:0a.0 Network controller: Tiger Jet Network Inc. Tiger3XX Modem/ISDN interface
[...]

# cat /proc/dahdi/*
Span 1: DAHDI_DUMMY/1 "DAHDI_DUMMY/1 (source: HRtimer) 1" (MASTER)

Span 2: WCTDM/4 "Wildcard TDM400P REV E/F Board 5"

           1 WCTDM/4/0 FXSKS RED
           2 WCTDM/4/1 FXOKS
           3 WCTDM/4/2
           4 WCTDM/4/3

# dahdi_hardware
pci:0000:00:0a.0     wctdm+       e159:0001 Wildcard TDM400P REV E/F

# dahdi_cfg -vvvvvvv
DAHDI Tools Version - 2.1.0.2

DAHDI Version: 2.1.0.4
Echo Canceller(s):
Configuration
======================

Channel map:

Channel 01: FXS Kewlstart (Default) (Slaves: 01)
Channel 02: FXO Kewlstart (Default) (Slaves: 02)

2 channels to configure.

In the configuration files I made the following modifications:

/etc/dahdi/system.conf:

# DGB - 20090518
fxoks=2
fxsks=1

############ DGB
#[channels]
#language=en
#context=incoming
#signalling=fxs_ks
#usecallerid=yes
#hidecallerid=no
#callwaiting=yes
#callwaitingcallerid=yes
#threewaycalling=yes
#transfer=yes
#cancallforward=yes
#callreturn=yes
#echocancel=yes
#echocancelwhenbridged=yes
#rxgain=0.0
#txgain=0.0
#group=1
#pickupgroup=1
#immediate=yes
#musiconhold=default channel => 1
############ DGB

/etc/asterisk/chan_dahdi.conf:

; DGB - 20090518
group=0
signaling=fxo_ks
channel => 2
signaling=fxs_ks
channel => 1

I load the modules wctdm and dahdi. But when I execute in Asterisk CLI
"dahdi show channels", I get the following error message:

No such command 'dahdi show channels' (type 'help dahdi show' for other
possible commands)

I suppose that beyond not to have added in /etc/asterisk/extensions.conf
something like:

exten => s,1,Wait(1) ; Wait a second, just for fun
exten => s,n,Answer ; Answer the line
exten => s,n,Dial(dahdi/2) ; zap has been changed to dahdi
exten => s,n,Hangup

exten => 1,1,Dial(dahdi/2|60|m(default)) ; zap has been changed to dahdi
exten => 1,2,hangup

the command would have to exist. Which can be the problem?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Daniel

[1] http://bbs2.chinaunix.net/archiver/tid-1289253.html