[asterisk-users] Feature request: "database show" from manager API [SOLVED]

Olivier oza-4h07 at myamail.com
Wed May 20 04:49:05 CDT 2009

2009/5/20 Gordon Henderson
<gordon+asterisk at drogon.net<gordon%2Basterisk at drogon.net>

> On Tue, 19 May 2009, Olivier wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > In ASTDB, I've got a rather long list of entries like:
> > /FamilyA/Key1    Value1
> > /FamilyA/Key2    Value2
> > /FamilyA/Key3    Value3
> >
> > Instead of sending several DBGet queries (and parsing every response),
> I'm
> > wondering if a single "database show" or "database show family" query
> could
> > be implemented.
>
> You can send a Command: via the manager API and parse the return..
>
> So send it a
>
>   Action: Command
>   Command: database show FamilyA
>
> and just suck up and parse the results...

Great : that's exactly what I was looking for !!
Thanks for helping me !!

It's strange I couldn't relate this Command action with the "database show"
I was looking for.
I must have been influenced by DBPut and DBGet which more obviously relate
to CLI equivalents.

Maybe a see-also line in "help database show" would help to relate CLI with
AMI but that's another story ...

Thanks again