[asterisk-users] Dialplan Priorities and Sort Order...

Tim Nelson tnelson at rockbochs.com
Tue May 19 10:37:38 CDT 2009

Greetings!

I'm hoping someone can help me with what should be the most basic of problems. Essentially, I want to have certain calls on an Asterisk 1.2.25 (Yes I know its old, upgrade, etc... its on my roadmap) install go out a couple of analog lines and all other calls go out a PRI. The analog lines are setup in Zaptel group 1 and the PRI channels are in Zaptel group 0. Here is my relevant config:

; Outbound via POTS
[general-outbound]
exten => _1800NXXXXXX,1,Dial(ZAP/g1/${EXTEN})
exten => _1800NXXXXXX,n,Answer
exten => _1800NXXXXXX,n,Busy
exten => _1800NXXXXXX,n,Hangup
exten => _1866NXXXXXX,n,Dial(ZAP/g1/${EXTEN})
exten => _1866NXXXXXX,n,Answer
exten => _1866NXXXXXX,n,Busy
exten => _1866NXXXXXX,n,Hangup
include => pri_outbound

; Outbound via PRI
[pri_outbound]
exten => _X.,101,Dial(ZAP/g0/${EXTEN})
exten => _X.,102,Answer
exten => _X.,103,Busy
exten => _X.,104,Hangup

I certainly cannot be the only one who wants this sort of setup... correct? Is it the way I'm including the other context, the dial patterns, the priorities, etc? I'm not opposed to combining it into a single context, I just started it out with this way. All hints are appreciated. (Pun intended.. :-) )

--Tim