[asterisk-users] howto set up persistent dynamic meetme

sean darcy seandarcy2 at gmail.com
Sat May 16 08:21:43 CDT 2009

With 1.6.1, I'm trying to set up a test of meetme for creating dynamic
conferences.

extensions.conf:

[meetme]
exten => 2663,1,MeetMe(,De)
exten => 2663,n,Hangup()

exten => 2666,1,MeetMe()
exten => 2666,n,Hangup()

What I'm expecting is to dial 2663, get a conference room number ( 600,
I suppose since it's the only room ), and set a PIN. Hangup.

Then users would dial 2666 enter the conference room number and the PIN,
and be placed in conference.

The problem is that as soon as 2663 hangs up, the conference disappears.
What I'd like is to have the conference stay up for some period of time
after 2663 hangs up. That way I could schedule a conference for a
specific time, set it up beforehand, and email everyone the conference
number and pin.

I don't want the conference to stay up forever, since I'd like new pin's
each time.

This should be a common use case. How do you do it?

sean