[asterisk-users] Logging In / Out Agents on Asterisk 6 ???

David Anthony O Reilly oreillda at tcd.ie
Fri May 15 16:40:55 CDT 2009

Hi everybody

Did anybody by any chance ever work out how to log in and out agents on
Asterisk 6+?

I used to have it working perfect in Asterisk 1.2 but since I upgraded to 6
the agent login functions are gone and the readme file that came with it
made no sense to me.

I noticed somebody on the net posted that they had the same problem but used
Voicemail to authenticate users, but that seemed a nightmare as I don't use
voicemail.

As a work around I have all agents online from the conf files and I use Do
Not Disturb on the phones but this isn't a nice function as it means other
calls outside of the queue cannot come in as all are blocked so not a great
login/logout function.

If anybody could help provide a sample of how they did it on 6 I would be
extremely grateful and will create a WIKI page on it for others as I have
been very unlucky trying to work this out.

Many thanks
David O'Reilly

note-I use extensions.ael but I am sure any code that is for extensions.conf
will be easily convertable as I love AEL

Mr. David Anthony O'Reilly, M.Sc (Mob), B.Sc Comp (Hons)

M.Sc MOB Postgraduate @ University College Cork, Ireland - M.Sc (Mob) - 2009

Computer Science Graduate of The University of Dublin, Trinity College -
B.Sc (Comp) 2008

Email: oreillda at tcd.ie    /    dor3 at student.cs.ucc.ie
Tel: +353 (0) 86 030 60 32