[asterisk-users] how to ignore a ring on a line

Alex Samad alex at samad.com.au
Fri May 15 06:16:57 CDT 2009

On Fri, May 15, 2009 at 12:12:23PM +0300, Tzafrir Cohen wrote:
> On Fri, May 15, 2009 at 02:47:30PM +1000, Alex Samad wrote:
> > Hi
> >
> > I have a fxs (tdm410 ) connected to a pstn that is primarily used for
> > faxing, it is meant to be a just in case line.
> >
> > How do I tell asterisk to ignore the line completely - ie don;t pick up
> > when it rings ?
>
> Simply don't Answer() in the dialplan .
seems logical, I have this

exten => s,1,noop
exten => s,n,wait(60)

before I didn't have anything, when I am at a console I get messages of
asterisk trying to pick up the call

should I just have an empty context ?

--
One of the major difficulties Trillian experienced in her relationship with
Zaphod was learning to distinguish between him pretending to be stupid just