[asterisk-users] how to avoid call waiting? Or check DIALSTATUS before Dial()?

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
Fri May 15 04:10:07 CDT 2009

On Thu, May 14, 2009 at 10:55:42PM -0400, sean darcy wrote:
> Tzafrir Cohen wrote:
> > On Thu, May 14, 2009 at 06:37:53PM -0400, sean darcy wrote:
> >> I have two internal analogue extensions off a TDM400P. If the first is
> >> busy, I'd like to ring the second. So:
> >>
> >> [incoming]
> >> exten =>s,1,Answer()
> >> exten =>s,n,Dial(${mainline},60)
> >
> > exten =>s,n,Dial(DAHDI/g5,60)
> >
> > For both channels set: group = 5
> >
> So in chan_dahdi.conf:
>
> context=internal      ; Uses the [internal] context in extensions.conf
> signalling=fxo_ks     ; fxo_ks not auto  Use FXO signalling for an FXS
> channel - as set in sytem.conf.conf

Actually you can safely leave out that line for Asterisk >= 1.6.0 if you
just have analog channels.

> group = 5
> channel => 1          ; Telephone attached to port 1
> channel => 2          ; Telephone attached to port 2
> ;;dahdichan => 1,2

Is that all the [channels] section in chan_dahdi.conf ?

> >> exten =>s,n,ExecIf($["${DIALSTATUS}" = "BUSY"]?Dial(${secondline},30))
> >>
> >> But it doesn't work because * first tries Call Waiting on the main line.
> >
> > Disabling that can also help.
> >

> How do I disable call waiting on dahdi 1 and 2, the internal extensions
> - which are simple POTS phones off the TDM400P - but leave it on for
> pstn-in?
>
> Trying to answer my own question:
> Put callwaiting = no in chan_dahdi.conf,
> then the internal stanza above,
> then callwaiting = yes,
> followed by the pstn stanza?

'callwaiting' defaults to 'no' . Thus if you simply never set it, it is
disabled. Likewise if you explicitly disable it (callwaiting = no)

--
               Tzafrir Cohen
icq#16849755              jabber:tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
+972-50-7952406           mailto:tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com