[asterisk-users] how to avoid call waiting? Or check DIALSTATUS before Dial()?

sean darcy seandarcy2 at gmail.com
Thu May 14 21:55:42 CDT 2009

Tzafrir Cohen wrote:
> On Thu, May 14, 2009 at 06:37:53PM -0400, sean darcy wrote:
>> I have two internal analogue extensions off a TDM400P. If the first is
>> busy, I'd like to ring the second. So:
>>
>> [incoming]
>> exten =>s,1,Answer()
>> exten =>s,n,Dial(${mainline},60)
>
> exten =>s,n,Dial(DAHDI/g5,60)
>
> For both channels set: group = 5

So in chan_dahdi.conf:

context=internal      ; Uses the [internal] context in extensions.conf
signalling=fxo_ks     ; fxo_ks not auto  Use FXO signalling for an FXS
channel - as set in sytem.conf.conf
group = 5
channel => 1          ; Telephone attached to port 1
channel => 2          ; Telephone attached to port 2
;;dahdichan => 1,2

>> exten =>s,n,ExecIf($["${DIALSTATUS}" = "BUSY"]?Dial(${secondline},30))
>>
>> But it doesn't work because * first tries Call Waiting on the main line.
>
> Disabling that can also help.

How do I disable call waiting on dahdi 1 and 2, the internal extensions
- which are simple POTS phones off the TDM400P - but leave it on for
pstn-in?

Trying to answer my own question:
Put callwaiting = no in chan_dahdi.conf,
then the internal stanza above,
then callwaiting = yes,
followed by the pstn stanza?

Thanks for the help.