[asterisk-users] Voicemail and remote directory with SSHFS

Elliot Murdock murdocke at gmail.com
Thu May 14 08:14:17 CDT 2009

Hello!

The problem is a file locking problem that Asterisk needs to make changes to
the directory.  I was initially shying away from NFS and Samba, because I
prefer to avoid any sort of security issues with only remotely mounting one
or two directories.  NFS and Samba are designed for larger applications,
which makes those types of technology worthwhile.

I am wondering if there is any way to disable Asterisk's request to lock the
directory.  I know this may cause some loss in data, but for the volume
voicemail receives, it should be rare enough that would make this approach
an option.

Thanks,
Elliot