[asterisk-users] [asterisk-user] Which policy for ISDN BRI support in NT/PtMP ?

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
Tue May 12 04:33:15 CDT 2009

On Tue, May 12, 2009 at 08:05:49AM +0200, Olivier wrote:
> 2009/5/12 Kristijan Vrban <vrban.lkml at googlemail.com>
>
> > For those also need NT over PtMP, i started a initial patch for it. Very
> > limited at the moment, only one incoming call to chan_dahdi from one
> > device is possible. But i was pleasantly surprised that NT-ptmp is working
> > anyway
> >
> > Get the patch here: http://bugs.digium.com/view.php?id=15048

Or rather: works in one direction: calls from a phone to the NT work.
Calls in the other way don't make it.

I believe it's much better than nothing, though, and I'm testing this
patch in the new debs I have.

> That is great news !!!
>
> How best can we contribute to make this happen ?

Test this. Report how it (mis)behaves. And maybe try to trace why calls
from the NT side don't get through.

> Will the output most probably be a new libpri 1.4.X (or 1.6.X) or will it
> also include a new Asterisk version ?

For starters there will likely be some changes required in libpri .
There is no libpri 1.6.x and not likely to be one in the near future.
The "trunk" of libpri is branches/1.4 .

--
               Tzafrir Cohen
icq#16849755              jabber:tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com