[asterisk-users] PauseMonitor() Hanging Up Call

Jon Morgan jmorgan at c-a-solutions.co.uk
Mon May 11 11:02:16 CDT 2009

Hi All,

I'm at the end of my tether here and would really appreciate some help.

I'm trying to implement DTMF based pause/resume of call recording.   I'm
using Asterisk 1.4.22.1.

Here's the scenario:

The caller (SIP or ISDN, doesn't matter) dials into the asterisk which
executes the following code:

exten => _X.,1,Monitor(wav,${CALLDIR}${UNIQUEID},mb)

exten => _X.,n,Set(__DYNAMIC_FEATURES=in-pauseMonitor#in-resumeMonitor)

exten => _X.,n,Dial(SIP/myphone,300,tTo)

 My [applicationmap] in features.conf is setup as follows:

in-pauseMonitor   => *7,self/callee,Macro,pause-record

in-resumeMonitor  => *9,self/callee,Macro,resume-record

I also have the following contexts setup in extensions.conf:

[macro-pause-record]

exten => s,1,Playback(sounds/recPaused)

exten => s,n,PauseMonitor()

exten => s,n,MacroExit

[macro-resume-record]

exten => s,1,Playback(sounds/recResumed)

exten => s,n,UnPauseMonitor()

exten => s,n,MacroExit

Now, if I setup the call and hit *7 on the callee phone, the call is hungup
every time!  No error message, just simply hangs up, as follows:

      Executing [s at macro-pause-record:2]
PauseMonitor("SIP/myphone-09d26e60", "") in new stack

      == Spawn extension (macro-pause-record, s, 2) exited non-zero on
'SIP/myphone-09d26e60' in macro 'pause-record'

      == Auto fallthrough, channel 'SIP/xlite-09d18fc0' status is 'ANSWER'

If I change the [applicationmap] entries in features.conf to allow
pause/resume from the caller phone, e.g.:

in-pauseMonitor   => *7,self/caller,Macro,pause-record

in-resumeMonitor  => *9,self/caller,Macro,resume-record

Then it works like a charm!

Seems there's an issue with pause/resume from callee side.

Can anyone shed any light on what I'm doing wrong here please?

Regards,

Jon Morgan.