[asterisk-users] How to get meetme participants in dialplan?

Steve Edwards asterisk.org at sedwards.com
Fri May 8 21:35:21 CDT 2009

On Fri, 8 May 2009, David Backeberg wrote:

> On Fri, May 8, 2009 at 4:54 PM, Steve Edwards <asterisk.org at sedwards.com> wrote:
>> On Fri, 8 May 2009, David Backeberg wrote:
>>> You need a way to keep state. I use a database and AGI for that purpose.
>>
>> I thought about keeping state in the db, but then I'd have to run the AGI
>> when they leave the conference or hangup as well. These callers jump from
>> conference to conference with a single key press and use this feature
>> constantly.
>
> I'm having a better handle on what you're trying to do here. If the
> users are trusted to jump among conferences, can't they also be
> trusted to mute/unmute/hangup themselves? It seems to me that the main
> thing you would want to do for some level of administrative control
> would be to hangup the user's channel.

It's a "free" chat system. Some of the callers are a bunch of bottom
feeding mouth breathers who have nothing better to do than scream and
offend the other callers.

> Shouldn't the user channel stay consistent regardless of where they go
> in the system?

The administrators are "flying blind." All they have is a handset and a
dialpad. When they go into a conference, if everybody is behaving, they
move on to the next conference. If somebody is misbehaving, they need a
way to identify and potentially kick them out of the conference. Muting
and un-muting the callers 1 by 1 is a bit of a chore, but "ya work with
what ya got."

Thanks in advance,