[asterisk-users] How to get meetme participants in dialplan?

David Backeberg dbackeberg at gmail.com
Fri May 8 21:03:22 CDT 2009

On Fri, May 8, 2009 at 4:54 PM, Steve Edwards <asterisk.org at sedwards.com> wrote:
> On Fri, 8 May 2009, David Backeberg wrote:
>> You need a way to keep state. I use a database and AGI for that purpose.
>
> I thought about keeping state in the db, but then I'd have to run the AGI
> when they leave the conference or hangup as well. These callers jump from
> conference to conference with a single key press and use this feature
> constantly.

I'm having a better handle on what you're trying to do here. If the
users are trusted to jump among conferences, can't they also be
trusted to mute/unmute/hangup themselves? It seems to me that the main
thing you would want to do for some level of administrative control
would be to hangup the user's channel. Shouldn't the user channel stay
consistent regardless of where they go in the system?

And if you know that when they first dial in, shouldn't you be able to
find them later with a:
show channels
?

> Sometimes its a drag being a 1.2 Luddite. Is "meetme concise" a CLI
> command? If so, I'm still stuck parsing the output of an AMI command.

Yes. And true.