[asterisk-users] determination of where a call is placed from (physical location)

Eric Fort eric.fort at gmail.com
Fri May 8 21:17:52 CDT 2009

I am interested in setting up asterisk to record all calls it
processes.  there are however some legal quirks to doing this that I
have run across such as one party notification vs 2 party notification
requirements which depend upon the physical endpoints of a call.  If I
wish to discretely record all incoming calls except those calling from
a place requiring 2 party notification (thus avoiding the need for an
overt announcement) How can I afirmatively determine the physical
location of the party originating the call and thus the applicable
legal jurisdiction.

Eric Fort