[asterisk-users] How to get meetme participants in dialplan?

David Backeberg dbackeberg at gmail.com
Fri May 8 10:41:06 CDT 2009

On Thu, May 7, 2009 at 11:44 AM, Steve Edwards
<asterisk.org at sedwards.com> wrote:
> The meetmeadmin() dialplan function lets you specify a user to mute,
> un-mute or kick. But how do you get a list of users in your dialplan?

You need a way to keep state. I use a database and AGI for that purpose.

> When a user joins a conference, the user number assigned is "the last user
> number +1." If you have a long running conference with callers joining and
> leaving all the time, this can grow to be a large number.

Before you add the user to the conference, you can do a: meetme list <confnum>,
parse the first non-space chars of the last line of the output, but as
you pointed out, that's messy.

It's easiest to parse the output of: meetme concise
which outputs a nifty csv-style output, but that's not available in 1.2
I don't know which version added meetme concise, but it's definitely
in 1.6. You may be able to find the patch and backport it to 1.2?

The closest thing in 1.2  is: meetme
and awk for the parties column, after grepping for the conf num.
and when you have the user join conference the number of that
confererence member will be the incremented current parties number for
that room. Then you need to hold on to it in a db.

> I want to be able to "mute/unmute/kick caller x" where x ranges from 1 to
> the number of participants.

This will be a db (maybe through AGI) database lookup, based on what
you stored when you joined them to the room. Use that when you want to
mute / unmute / kick.