[asterisk-users] How to get meetme participants in dialplan?

Steve Edwards asterisk.org at sedwards.com
Thu May 7 10:44:21 CDT 2009

The meetmeadmin() dialplan function lets you specify a user to mute,
un-mute or kick. But how do you get a list of users in your dialplan?

When a user joins a conference, the user number assigned is "the last user
number +1." If you have a long running conference with callers joining and
leaving all the time, this can grow to be a large number.

I want to be able to "mute/unmute/kick caller x" where x ranges from 1 to
the number of participants.

The "best" solution I have so far is to pass the conference name to an AGI
which then asks Asterisk (via AMI) to "meetme list <conference-name>" and
then parse the output. Seems rather kludgy to me.

I'm (still) using 1.2 if it matters.

Thanks in advance,