[asterisk-users] Master.csv

Steve Edwards asterisk.org at sedwards.com
Thu May 7 09:20:38 CDT 2009

On Thu, 7 May 2009, Brent Vrieze wrote:

> I am getting the following error on my CLI

> [May 6 15:59:20] ERROR[25789]: cdr_csv.c:314 csv_log: Unable to re-open
> master file /var/log/asterisk//cdr-csv//Master.csv : No such file or
> directory
>
> I am a bit of a Linux newb so please be gentle.  I assume this has
> something to do with the fact that there are two slashes between
> asterisk//cdr-csv and cdr-csv//Master.csv

Others have posted the solution, but to clear up your assumption, extra
slashes are fine in Unix. Try:

 	touch //////var//////tmp//////foo
 	rm //////var//////tmp//////foo

Whenever asked to specify a directory or a path, I always end with a slash
so my intention is obvious. When applications concatenate path
fragments, some add slashes and some don't but extra slashes don't cause a
problem.

Unfortunately, some applications complain when you include the trailing
slash. I consider that a bug.

Thanks in advance,