[asterisk-users] Cisco 7940 phones become unreachable over VPN after a time

David Backeberg dbackeberg at gmail.com
Wed May 6 13:17:52 CDT 2009

On Wed, May 6, 2009 at 12:48 PM, ian at comtek.co.uk <ian at comtek.co.uk> wrote:
> Hi.
>
> I have a working internal Asterisk setup with 35 phones. Around 5-10 of
> these phones are physically located in a remote office via a VPN. I am

There are a number of other reasons you want a remote phone server at
that other location:
*911 or name-the-emergency-service of your country
*how do you call the other employees at the branch office when the WAN
link is down?
*this multiplies your options for future growth / expansion /
flexibility / when you decide that you would rather have a dedicated
telco link joining the offices.