[asterisk-users] wireless ATA

Jon Pounder jonp at inline.net
Mon May 4 14:17:38 CDT 2009

Jeff LaCoursiere wrote:
> On Mon, 4 May 2009, Jon Pounder wrote:
>

>> Jeff LaCoursiere wrote:
>>
>> why not just put something like a wet11(wireless bridge) and pap2t(2x
>> fxs) in the same box ?
>> dev time = 0
>> cost ~100
>>
>> those are just two of the many products that would work together to do
>> what you want.
>>

> But that wouldn't be anywhere near as fun :)  It doesn't accomplish the
> end goal of having a product, which I think there would be a market for,
> either.  The cost is a bit more than $100, though, too - WET11's seem to
> go for about $70, and the PAP2T for $50... but that is still significantly
> less than what I am talking about.
>
> Would anyone buy such a product if it existed?

Personally I would go for the approach of having a couple off the shelf
products even if they were inside a box to pretty it up. That way I know
when there is a problem, I can just run out to any big box store and get
parts to fix it quickly, and if I am keeping spares around the
wired/wireless spares are partially the same components. I tend to stay
away from specialty devices where possible just because when you need a
replacement NOW its hard to find one.